JOIN OUR TEAM
Are you the kind of windsurfer who lives to windsurf? The kind who arranges his daily routines around the wind forecast? The kind who just loves sharing his/her love for this beautiful sport? The kind who is out on the water even when the temperature shows single digits and/or the windforce is in the double digits? Then you may just be the man/woman we’re looking for to join ‘Team BoardKings’!
Team BoardKings is always looking for members to join forces with. We’re a team of windsurf crazy individuals who enjoy the sport and especially love sharing the sport with others. Let’s talk about the most important question you probably have on your mind.
What can we do for you?
Team BoardKings is a team of windsurfing enthusiasts who have real added value to sponsors and the sport in general. The key elements we can give you when you join, apart from the feeling of belonging to a great team, are;
- Sponsorship – We are actively looking for sponsors who want to support us and who’s products we can help market.
- Discounts – Sponsorship also means discounts. Windsurfing costs money. We can help you reduce the costs of this sport we love.
- Promotion – It’s important that you build and/or grow your network within the windsurfing community. The added exposure that comes with being part of the team will do this.
- Team support – Each team member is unique and has specific skills. We can help each other in a wide variety of things, be it windsurfing or otherwise. Just having a team and encouraging each other is a big win!
What are we looking for?
Let’s make one thing clear; we don’t want you to change! We want you just the way you are. We won’t require you to do anything special as part of the team. We just have a few requirements we need our members to comply with in order to join the team. Since you read beyond the first few lines of this page, we’re sure these requirments will be a breeze (no pun intended) for you.
We have three mandatory requirements you have to comply with:
- You need to have been out on the water for at least 40 windsurf sessions on average in the past year(s). To check this we need you to keep track of your sessions (e.g. on www.sessionlogs.com or www.surf-sessions.com)
- You need to have sailed on at least 4 different spots in the Netherlands on average in the past year(s). This should be easy to check since you log your sessions.
- You have to be a resident of the Netherlands.
Below is a list of additional requirements. Please pick at least three requirements from the list below that you comply with:
- You have your own website(s)/blog on which you post at least 40 times a year
- Your registered with one or more windsurfing forums and post at least 50 messages a year
- You have one or more social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Hyves) on which you post at least 50 windsurf related messages a year
- You visit at least 3 windsurfing events a year
- You take pictures and post pictures of at least 15 sessions a year.
- You film and post edited videos of at least 5 sessions a year.
- You take part in the organization of at least 1 event a year
- You write at least 1 published windsurfing article a year
Made it this far? Great, you’re already qualifying. It would be a plus if you can tell us which off the optional requirements below you comply with:
- You take part in other surf related sports (sup, surf, kite)
- You have a (good) understanding how windsurfing equipment technically works
- You’re capable of providing clear feedback on windsurf equipement to manufacturers and especially fellow windsurfers.
- You have great social skills. You’re capable of starting a conversation with fellow windsurfers and people know you when you go windsurfing.
Were you able to meet our requirements? Great, get in touch with us right away through our contact page! Didn’t meet the requirements? Don’t worry. Just keeping enjoying this beautiful sport and join us on the water as much as you can. Who knows, next year you could be our newest team member :-)
N.B. We’re hard at work creating new functionality for you to join us online and become part of our online team as well as support our team efforts.
Check this page for updates!
Some boring stuff about the process
We have a maximum number of people who can be part of the team at one time. Don’t let that stop you from contacting us and applying. We’re always looking for new team members and we do have new openings at the beginning of each season.
(N.B. It’s at the discretion of boardkings.com to decide whether someone who is interested in joining team Boardkings matches the requirements and whether exceptions will be made to (dis)allow him/her to join the team.)